Friday, September 9, 2011

Bad Day! Always Back up your files DAMMIT!

The day started out bad enough having a migraine... Then I get out of bed to slam my foot into my toolbox that happened to be sitting next to my bed instead of where it was suppose to be. Then I realize that my back isn't just sore, its my kidneys hurting. Well I end up spending the day in the hospital only to be told that there best guess is that it was a mild case of ketoacidosis. I get home to find a few missed calls and an upset voicemail from my boss, which made me realize I forgot to call him this morning. Well it got even worse when I turned my computer on... MY DAMN HARD DRIVE FRIED!!!!!! Hundreds of Movies, TV shows, Anime, Music... ALL GONE! At least my music was backed up to an external, however I lost over a terabyte worth of video! I always tell people to back up whats important, I just happened to not have enough money to buy another hard drive large enough to back it all up. I might try online back up now... not sure on the pricing though.... I've seen a lot of different ones out there, just been hesitant to use them for personal media. Any recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. Mediafire lets you store and download files for free. If you want to do a terabyte though that might cost you extra. Or you could make a ton of free accounts if your feeling super cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude I hate to say it but Carbonite is worth it. I know you hate paying for that stuff and I do to. I thought it was one of those gimmicky radio 640 commercials but its worth the 59/yr. Cheaper then a back up hard drive and its off site so you don't have to worry about it. It's got a free trial but I liked it so I'm sure you will since we have the same prefrences.

    ReplyDelete