Sunday, October 23, 2011

Phones



So I have been contemplating getting a new phone for a while, but can't decide on anything. I have been a T-mobile customer for years now, but have looked at the others as well. My biggest problem is deciding whether or not to get a smart phone. I have been contemplating it for years now, the decision to get a phone that I can use to get on the internet and check my emails and other shit, or continue to just use my regular cell phone. It may seem common place to have a smart phone anymore but I have always refused to pay double the cost of my phone bill, to be able to get on the internet when I'm not at a computer. Which is pretty much only on my drive to and from work. I have a very nice computer at home and fairly decent internet speed, and multiple computers with business class internet at work. So I still have a problem with getting a smartphone and paying for the data plan. I would prefer to just keep my current plan and get a new phone, the problem is the lack of phones that don't require the data plan. So do I just use this phone until I have no choice, or get rid of my cell all together? I only really use my phone when I'm not at home. Its pretty much just for those moments when you need a phone right at that moment. But anymore everybody has a hone and it really isn't that hard to just ask somebody to use their phone.... The only other thing I use my phone for is text messages and pictures. I have to admit I would rather send a text then call somebody, and I would miss being able to do so. Also having the camera at hand in those situations where you just want to preserve a moment in time(like a game of strip quarters) is very nice.


What do you guys think? Do you think its ridiculous that its getting to the point to where you can't even just have a phone anymore? And how about that the smart phones REQUIRE a data plan to even be able to use it on a network?

5 comments:

  1. There is actually place near me that sells a phone that is just a phone. I don't think it has even a camera though. There are still lots of just phones out there, but from the sounds of it you would benefit from a smart phone if you can afford it. I can't, which is one reason I refuse to get one. Plus I just want a phone. I never even use my phone, the thing just lays dead for days at a time because I don't charge it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly enough, I still own a razor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea making the data plan mandatory is kinda dumb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m telling you this; I have a Droid and I'm debating on the new iPhone 4s. The data plans are hella expensive! Every month when I pay my bill a little bit of me dies. However, I love technology and having everything at my finger tips is addictive!!!

    ReplyDelete