Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Very Good Friend!


I almost lost a very good friend this weekend. His name is Rocco, and he is a 100lb black lab pit bull mix. He is a very protective and territorial dog, yet he is not aggressive. My family are disabled and have difficulty with him. He usually will pull them over if they try to walk him. But other than that he is very loving and playful. He is about 4 years old and still acts like a pup. Although he has calmed down quite a bit since he was a pup(with my assistance.) I did a lot of the basic training for him like sit, lay down, stay, come, etc. I was just not available to train him with walking and playing with other dogs. Once he sees a leash he goes crazy and becomes very hyper. He loves being outside but I work and my family are all disabled and have trouble taking him outside. A couple months ago my brother was walking him and stopped to pick up his mess, when he saw a chihuahua. Rocco thought he was a toy and ran up to the dog and picked him up in his mouth and shook him like one of his chew toys. We all agreed to the owners that we would take care of it but then they started harassing my parents to the extent that I had to call the cops from work because I couldn't leave. It had started with repeated calls wanting money for pain pills for the dog, but then the wife came over and told my mom that if they didn't get some money right away that my parent would have to deal with her husband. Who the fuck threaten two disabled people? At that point we decided to go get a copy of the bill and report from the vet they took their dog to. According to the vet, the only thing that was wrong with the chihuahua was a scratch. And that the vet had already given them enough pain pills to last several days. A that point we decided they could go fuck themselves. They took us to court and so far all that has happen is a mediation, but during that mediation the couple lied various times including saying that they had special permission, from management where we live, to leave their dog unattended outside. (the dog was unattended when our dog went at him.) From there my family has been real nervous about Rocco being "aggressive" and on Sunday decided to surrender him to the local humane society. I was very pissed off.and told my family that they disgust me and that I was glad that I never acted out when I was growing up or who knows where I would have ended up. Granted that this was very harsh, but I was pissed, sad, disgusted, and drunk! The next day My blood sugar was pretty messed up and I slept til late in the evening, only to wake up to Rocco being home. They had decided that he didn't deserve to be put down and agreed to actually put an effort into training him.

12 comments:

  1. I'm seriously glad he was not put down. He doesn't seem like a dangerous dog at all, and he didn't deserve it at all. I'm also glad you got drunk and shouted at your family, it may not have been nice, but if you didn't do it they probably wouldn't have gotten him back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really true post, I have a dog too, and I love him.
    Nice blog!
    +Follow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you didn't put the dog down over such a trivial matter. You neighbours are acting like idiots and this should never have gone to court.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a good boy. i'm glad he was saved. Following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those guys are seriously fucked up for many many reasons. It's hard to understand what goes through that people's mind. What kind of coward threatens a disabled couple? :/
    And why would they do all that just for a couple bucks? That's disgusting.
    Glad everything is fine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they sound like some majorly entitled assclowns. They shouldn't have left their dog unattended in a public place and the dog barely got hurt at all. Total bullshit, best of luck with that.
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a shame when animals are put down for no real reason

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks like a real good companion! I'm glad they made the right choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that he was saved!
    Always so sad when pets are put down for minor reasons...
    the doggy looks adorable in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you guys soooo very much for your support!

    ReplyDelete