Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Computer

32" and 22"(22" has been replaced by a newer model)

So for a long time I was the computer guy of my little group of friends.  I had virtually built my dream build so many times that I knew what was good and what wasn’t. I knew what went well with something else. I knew the right numbers for everything. Then when I got laid off from work I had one last paycheck to buy the computer I had been planning for the prior two or more years. I decided to go with a better price to performance ratio and built and AMD system. At that time the best processor was the Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition. I built my system around this. I bought a decent motherboard at the time, It was a Foxconn A7DA S 3.0. I initially bought 4GB of G.Skill RAM, and went with a nice Zalman pure black pearl nickel plated copper heatsink. I decided to sacrifice directx 11 for a more powerful card when it came to graphics. I bought the Sapphire ATI Radeon  HD 4890 Vapor-X. The Vapor-X is a special cooler design by Sapphire that is basically a block with the same principal as a heat-pipe.  I was very pleased by this card and as a matter of fact I still am. The only other parts I didn’t upgrade and still haven’t were the power supply and the case. I had already had a 700w Apevia PSU and an old Alienware full tower case.  I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 and overclocked it to 3885 mhz, and was set. Tell me what you think!
Case
Right after build

Needs Cleaned


(All images on "My Computer" post are property of the author)

8 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your computer. Insanely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow really nice pc! I need this in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's looks like a motor of a car, haha.

    My battlestation is a notebook in a chair. *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^Idk, I've seen your new build Bones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice! i jsut built my first gaming pc.. its pissing me off

    ReplyDelete